Wednesday 16 March 2016

A New Home For...

... my reading companion KOBO. It is so much easier to buy any case at the shops. The choice is great, the prices are not that high and I could have saved a lot of time that is so precious these days. But we all know that there is something special, heartwarming and wonderfully pleasant in handmade things. Right? It gives you a chance of choosing that particular colour and that particular print and style that you love so much.


Polka dots and pretty florals are my favourites. The linen, that came from Ministry of Fabric (an Australian online fabric store that is full of lovely pretty things), is absolutely beautiful to work with and was perfect for the envelope. To give KOBO a little more protection, I used an extra padding this time around. A magnetic snap fastener, that I haven't used for a while, helps to keep the flap closed and that little bit of lilac lace is there to make it all look pretty. I used my Fabric Envelope tutorial that you can find here.


This time, instead of using one piece of fabric for the entire body of the envelope, I made a two-piece panel for the back and flap. I was not sure about the seam at the bottom, but it all worked out quite well and the seam does not look or feel bulky at all.


As always, I could not go without some running stitches and small labels. The "HomeMade" label under the flap is attached by the corners with pink embroidery floss. Some running stitches around the edge of the flap and around the little label. Just a tiny touch of prettiness that a girl can't go without.


So now my little companion can be easily carried in, not really mine, but in a nappy bag without being scratched. Wishing you all a wonderful evening or day full of lovely pretty things! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. Another beautiful project! I'm pleased that you have made something for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dina! I am really happy with this little make, it keeps my reading companion quite comfy. :-)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I just love that little patch in the corner! I'm glad that I've found your blog through IG! I don't think I really read your profile before.. Lol! I've added you to my blogroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla! It's so lovely to see you here on my blog. Welcome to my little big world! :-) I have discovered your blog just recently as well and added it to my list too. I hope you don't mind me linking to your blog in my latest post. :-)

      Delete