Wednesday 4 February 2015

Work in Progress: A Challenge

I gave myself a scrappy challenge the other day - to complete this project using only pieces of fabrics from my scraps box. I am determined to use as many different prints and colours as possible. By doing this, I am hoping to reduce the number of small bits and pieces of fabrics I have accumulated so far.


I am not going to try and match the prints by colours or patterns, but rather I am going to make sure that there are no two pieces of the same print next to each other and that none of the colours or prints are dominating.


It's a very relaxing and meditating process. Just pin the bits and pieces together, stitch, iron and then repeat the same steps over and over again. The smallest piece that I have used so far is just 1" by 1/4". So tiny! I am adding a few hand stitches to some of the parts.


Wishing you all a wonderful, productive and challenging (in a good way) week! Larisa xox

8 comments:

  1. What a fun improv piece and a fun way to use your scraps!!! I love your stars to wrap your embroidery floss on, it has been awhile since I have seen them. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stars are proving to be quite useful. Can't help myself using scraps from time to time. :-) Have a wonderful weekend, Gina!

      Delete
  2. With such nice colours it's going to look really pretty - I'm looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost ready and I am happy with what I am seeing. So much fun!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I like the fact that I never know how all the pieces will look like together. Kind of like the hats you made, Dina. :-)

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you make, it's such a good idea and ensures nothing is wasted.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making something very simple but this idea can be used for so many different projects.

      Delete