Friday 15 August 2014

Work in Progress: ATCs

Getting Away From it All... What comes to your mind? Holidays at your favourite destination, a quiet walk through morning woods, maybe a stroll along a beach at sunset or maybe for you getting away from everything is simply spending some time creating - sewing, knitting, drawing... or maybe simply being with your family?


When I was thinking about the theme for the fourth ATC swap, the first thing that came to my mind was knitting. I used to love knitting so much, getting absorbed into counting the stitches and rows, matching the patterns and colours. I could spend hours snuggled up on a chair with my work and knit away. My mind was absolutely lost somewhere in a dreamland of knitting needles and wool.


The second thought that visited me, was about skating. It's something that is still my favourite "get away" thing. When you are on the ice, doing spins, jumps or footwork or simply gliding on the smooth surface, you can't really think of anything else apart from the amazing feeling you get when the cold air brushes agains your cheeks. The world only consists of you, your skates and the ice. You are there, right in the moment and it feels great!


I have one more idea on my mind but haven't started working on it just yet. I still have some time. Off I go, back to my sewing nook to keep exploring and creating. Have a wonderful weekend! Larisa xox

4 comments:

  1. you are off to an adorable start!! i love everything about this piece; i think you need to make 2... one for the swap and 1 for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gina! I hope it turns out the same as I see it in my head. I think I will have a hard time deciding which one of the two cards to send to my partner, as it happened before. :-)

      Delete
  2. It's so interesting and enjoyable seeing how people interpret the theme of a swap, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best part, Dina. I am always so curious to see how people interpret the same theme, what techniques they use and what inspires them. It's great!

      Delete