Monday 13 January 2014

Work in Progress: Little Progress and New Inspirations

This is how much, actually, how little progress I have made on this piece. It took me a few attempts to work out how many counts of embroidery floss to use for each part. I started with two counts of floss for the stems of the flowers, but it looked too heavy. I only realised that after two posies were completed. So I had to start again.


Using just one thread gives the flowers a more delicate and airy look. I had to take a break from the tiny petals and switch to something else for a while. I have five WIPs going and found one more to keep me busy. Here is a sneak peek at what else I am doing at the moment apart from Valentine and Easter projects.


Two magazines. Two projects. One theme. Two different outcomes. Put them all together and you will get one inspired, excited and busy me. Wishing you a wonderful and creative week ahead!

6 comments:

  1. your flowers are looking perfect!! it is so fun to work on projects that make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so tiny but taking forever to finish. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love your delicate flowers, and I'm looking forward to seeing where inspiration takes your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep adding more details to it but almost done now.

      Delete
  3. Your new project is looking delightful. I wonder what you're going to be doing with the selvedges? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to finish project with selvedges. Can't believe that I used to throw it away before. There are so many ways to use it. Do you keep your selvedges?

      Delete