Thursday 18 April 2013

Fabric Stash Additions

Just a quick stitching note - some new additions to my fabric stash. I know that I already have more fabric than I need for my planned projects, but I simply cannot help myself especially when one of the shops is conveniently located and has some nice finds.


I mostly use linen or heavy duty cotton as a base for my stitching so you can imagine that shopping for this type of fabric is nothing exciting. The printed cottons are primarily used for linings of notebooks and envelopes and small pieces are used for appliqué. Just a tiny splash of colour. This is why I am not fussed about the releases of latest fabric collections. But still I feel really happy when I come across something cute. Two fat quarters from Flying a Kite collection (in pink and orange) by October Afternoon for Riley Blake is my favourite. It's a last year collection but it does not matter, this fabric is still so pretty.


I just love looking at my stash, the colours and patterns are absolutely pleasing to my eye, the little bolts of fabric neatly stacked on a shelf or tiered up with a cotton ribbon - it's an endless joy for a fabric addict and a source of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment