Sunday 28 April 2013

Dandelion Bookmark

Do you have an interesting book to read at the moment or a favourite one that you can read over and over again? I do. A few to be exact.


The bookmark is ready to be used. It turned out to be much better than I anticipated. I was a bit concerned with the stitching of the dandelion head and seeds because the embroidery thread seemed to be too pale, but it turned out to be just right.


I used two types of fabric for this bookmark - heavy duty cotton for the front and Japanese printed cotton in light blue and pale gold for the back. I had a choice of four prints. From the left: first two were too bright and overpowering for the dandelion, the delicate print of the third one was lost in everything neutrally coloured, but the forth one was just perfect in my unprofessional opinion.


I am happily surprised with the end result and already have a few ideas on my mind to keep me busy for some time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment